Saturday, July 24, 2010

Introduction and Overview

While not nearly as old as the greater part of my “Cyber Life”, this particular blog has been deleted, recreated, rewritten, renamed and revamped numerous times since it was originally created approximately a year ago.

I have over the years created various blogs that were there for a particular purpose, referencing a specific issue or subject. Recently I have decided to pull them all together so to speak into one.

So while the title “My Life – A Work In Progress: A Personal Journey – A Personal Perspective” may possibly indicate some type of chronological order of my life, that is not in reality the case. I believe that like diamonds, we as human beings are multifaceted and quite complex.

While I wanted to combine all my 'viewpoints' into one blog, I also wanted to avoid creating some lengthy, mundane monolog that seemed to run on and on; merging one subject into another. Thus the result is one multifaceted blog divided into various subjects both related and otherwise, containing posts that are pertinent or significant to that specific subject or topic.

One of the largest inspirational factors for this process is “Acceptance is nice; Approval not required” which is a personal motto I created for myself a few years ago. Unfortunately it has taken me awhile to actually live by that particular sentiment. Recent developments however have removed the last of the remaining self-imposed constraints resulting in a wonderful new found freedom.

I think age is a big factor in some of that ‘newfound freedom’ as well. Once you reach a certain age you have a better perspective on some things.

I remember a poem of sorts that was circulating throughout the Internet a few years ago about the purple hat. It was very profound in it’s message. I really wish I could find it again because it is so very true.

Particularly in my case, when it talked about how we collect things over time, those special things we intend to keep for a special occasion that may not ever happen, things like fancy dishes, a pretty jacket or dress, you know, those sort of things. Well I agree with the message in the poem…

Don’t save those fancy dishes for a special occasion; don’t let them collect dust in the china cabinet. YOU are SPECIAL! Get them out, use them for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Don’t leave that pretty jacket or dress in the closet so long that when you think you’ve found the right place or occasion to wear it, suddenly it don’t fit right anymore or the color has faded, etc. Where it to the supermarket, wear it to the post office, enjoy the compliments that you DESERVE now.

It spoke of friends as well. Remembering the friends that remember you. File the ones that don't in the past. Because time goes on, people WILL come and go in our lives. The ones that are no longer part of our lives, remember them with a fondness for the good times, don’t hold onto the bad times and move on. Find peace in the fact that not everyone is going to like you and you are not going to like everyone else and know that in reality, it doesn’t matter anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment